David Leo Veksler
Expert consulting for .Net based e-commerce websites and non-profit organizations or a full-time position architecting and implementing cutting-edge information systems using the Microsoft.Net framework.
Relevant Professional Experience
Reynolds & Reynolds, Plano TX
· Implemented a high-volume real-time distributed transaction processing system for converting and enriching mainframe output into relational database data for display on the web.
c-Software Systems, Arlington, TX
· Participated in the design of a new web OAGIS-based web service protocol for the motor sports industry and single-handedly beat a major industry team to market by leveraging .Net web services.
· Converted Crystal Reports-based reports to DataDynamics ActiveReports using custom-designed reporting classes to achieve significant performances and functionality improvements.
Ludwig von Mises Institute, Auburn AL.
· Migrated a 10,000+ page ASP-based legacy site to a custom-written .Net content management system and integrated it with internal systems and external finance and order-management parents.
· Integrated 20GB of text, multimedia content, and academic journals into a custom-designed .Net content management system.
· Created a donation/registration system that increased online donations eight-fold for a multi-million dollar organization, and created several new staff positions.
· Migrated a major website to a single Windows 2003 web server and optimized performance to provide high-speed access to dynamic content and live webcasts to 1.7 million monthly visitors.
· Created a CRM/inventory management/online storefront/marketing system using VB.Net and SQL Server for ASP.Net/ Windows Forms.
· Used iterative development methods, use cases, and extensive user input/testing to create an application with 20,000 lines of code and 70+ interfaces with a concept to launch time of just 5 1/2 months.
· Leveraged the .Net framework to rapidly create role-based security, event/error logging, conditional caching, and then shared business/data layers between web-based and Forms interfaces.
· Sole designer and developer of a roommate/apartment matching service utilizing the .Net framework, SQL Server 2000, and Visual Studio 2003.
· Applied ASP.Net best practices to create complex multi-tiered and object-oriented web applications.
· Technical support, ASP/MSSQL web development, and maintenance of library websites and resources.
· Texas A&M University - College Station, TX
· 2003-2004: Masters in Management of Information Systems
· 2000-2003: BS in Economics and Political Science
Fluent in English and Russian, basic knowledge of Spanish.